“Healthcare has evolved rapidly over the last several years and we’ve reset our teams to focus on what our customers need today,” said Pete Yonkman, president of Cook Group and Cook Medical. “We’ve seen customers change their structure and decision making to focus on delivering better patient outcomes in a more efficient way, and we’ve realigned our business to help them meet those goals.”
Key changes in Cook Medical’s structure:
- Business divisions: Ten strategic business units merged to form two business divisions, MedSurg and Vascular. This change provides the flexibility to align sales teams to specific customer needs. It also creates a more streamlined contracting process for customers.
- The Vascular division brings together the former aortic intervention, peripheral intervention, interventional radiology and lead management businesses into one team.
- The MedSurg division is comprised of six teams that serve customers in critical care, endoscopy, otolaryngology/head and neck surgery, reproductive health, surgery, and urology clinical specialties.
- Customer Support and Delivery: All global customer support centers and distribution centers are now centralized under one leadership team to improve customer service and develop innovative solutions that create supply chain efficiency.
- Distribution Channel Management: A new global team has been established to maintain our commitment to fully compliant and ethical access of Cook Medical products and to work with third party distributors improving distributor support and distribution channels to serve patients globally.
- Research & Development: Engineering reorganized to form a dedicated Research and Development team that actively listens to the needs of customers and develops products that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of patient care.
- Medical Education: A new global team has been created, pulling expertise from across the company to improve and support Vista, Cook Medical’s comprehensive educational product training program for customers.
“We are committed to putting the needs of our customers and our employees at the center of everything we do,” Yonkman continued. “These changes are exciting and will be beneficial for employees, customers, and ultimately patients.”
There will be no layoffs due to these structure changes.
About Cook Medical
Since 1963 Cook Medical has worked closely with physicians to develop technologies that eliminate the need for open surgery. Today we are combining medical devices, biologic materials and cellular therapies to help the world’s healthcare systems deliver better outcomes more efficiently. We have always remained family owned so that we have the freedom to focus on what we care about: patients, our employees and our communities. Find out more at www.cookmedical.com, and for the latest news, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Marsha Lovejoy, 812-320-6903 (mobile)
812-339-2235, ext. 10-2750 (office)
Global Manager, External Corporate Communications
Source: Cook Medical