SUNNYVALE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Silk Road Medical, Inc., a company dedicated to preventing the devastating burden of stroke through surgical innovation, today announced that multiple podium presentations at the upcoming VEITHsymposium Nov. 13-17 at the New York Hilton-Midtown will feature the company’s TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR) procedure.
One-year results from the Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS) TCAR Surveillance Project, launched in 2016 to obtain real-world comparative outcomes of TCAR versus carotid surgery (endarterectomy) from centers participating in the Vascular Quality Initiative (VQI), will be presented in a “Hot New Topics” session on Tuesday, Nov. 13:
- “Outcomes of TCAR (TransCarotid Artery Revascularization) Compare Favorably with Those of Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) in Symptomatic and Asymptomatic Patients Despite the Higher Medical Risk of the TCAR Patients: From the SVS/VQI Registry” will be presented by Dr. Marc Schermerhorn of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Boston) at 4:15 p.m. in the Trianon Ballroom.
Additional presentations will be featured in the “New and Improved Technology and Techniques for Carotid Treatment and Carotid Artery Stenting (CAS): Mesh Covered Stents and Transcervical TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR)” session on Friday, Nov. 16 in the Grand Ballroom East:
- “TCAR with Flow Reversal Is Equal to or Better than CEA for Treating High Risk Symptomatic Patients with Carotid Stenosis: DW MRI Findings Prove It (From the PROOF Trial)” will be presented by Prof. Ralf Kolvenbach of University of Duesseldorf (Germany) at 8:24 a.m.
- “Update on Recent Results and Trials with TCAR: Why Is It Gaining Acceptance and Its Use Increasing: Lessons Learned” will be presented by Dr. Vikram Kashyap of University Hospitals Case Medical Center (Cleveland) at 8:30 a.m.
- “Technical Tips for Optimizing Outcomes With TCAR: Precautions and Contraindications to Its Use: Does It Decrease Stroke Rates (From the SVS Registry)” will be presented by Dr. Mahmoud Malas of the UC San Diego School of Medicine at 8:36 a.m.
- “DEBATE: TCAR Is A Game Changer for CAS and Should Replace Transfemoral CAS Procedures” will be presented by Dr. Richard Cambria of Steward Health Care System (Brighton, Massachusetts) at 8:42 a.m.
Silk Road Medical will be exhibiting in booths 505/506 in the third floor foyer.
About TCAR with the ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection and Stent System
TCAR (TransCarotid Artery Revascularization) is a clinically proven procedure combining surgical principles of neuroprotection with minimally invasive endovascular techniques to treat blockages in the carotid artery at risk of causing a stroke. The ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent is intended to be used in conjunction with the ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection System (NPS) during the TCAR procedure. The ENROUTE Transcarotid NPS is a first in class device used to directly access the common carotid artery and initiate high rate temporary blood flow reversal to protect the brain from stroke while delivering and implanting the ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent.
About Silk Road Medical
Silk Road Medical, Inc. is a private company located in Sunnyvale, California, that develops and manufactures less-invasive medical devices intended to improve the treatment of vascular disease through proprietary transcarotid therapies. The company’s TCAR procedure addresses the concerns of millions of people with carotid artery disease who are at an increased risk of stroke. Detailed information can be found at www.silkroadmed.com.
ENROUTE is a registered trademark of Silk Road Medical, Inc.
Joni Ramirez, 323-532-0746