WAYNE, Pa., May 15, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE: TFX), a leading global provider of medical technologies for critical care, urology and surgery, coronary and peripheral interventions, will showcase its complex PCI product portfolio, the Arrow® AC3 Optimus™ Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP) and the newly acquired MANTA™ Vascular Closure Device at the EuroPCR being held in Paris, France on May 21 – 24, 2019.
Teleflex offers a full line of products that give interventional cardiologists the tools they need to handle routine and complex cases, resulting in improved outcomes for patients. Cardiologists worldwide rely on the quality and proven clinical effectiveness of products, such as the GuideLiner® V3 Catheter, TrapLiner® Catheter, Turnpike® Catheter, Twin-Pass®Torque Dual Access Catheter, SuperCross® Microcatheter, and R350™ Guidewire.
At EuroPCR, Teleflex will showcase the MANTA™ Vascular Closure Device indicated for closure of femoral arterial access sites while reducing time to hemostasis following the use of 10-20F devices or sheaths (12-25F OD) in endovascular catheterization procedures. With the MANTA™ Device, clinicians and hospitals can achieve:
- Successful large bore closure with a device that is simple to use and does not require pre-closure, saving valuable time during the most delicate interventional procedures.
- Low complication rates for fast reliable biomechanical closure with rapid hemostasis, potentially reducing costs.1a,b
- Reproducible results, inspiring confidence in achieving successful closure.1c
Finally, Teleflex will continue presenting the Arrow® AC3 Optimus™ IABP. This device helps a weakened heart pump blood and can deliver IABP therapy to a broad range of patients, even those not previously considered candidates for IABP therapy. Clinicians may use the pump on patients with severe arrhythmias or with heart rates as high as 200 beats per minute.2, 3 The Arrow® AC3 Optimus™ IABP with third-generation AutoPilot® Mode uses proprietary algorithms to address key clinical challenges and simplifies delivery of IABP therapy.4
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular access, interventional cardiology and radiology, anesthesia, emergency medicine, surgical, urology and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift®, and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on our management’s current beliefs and expectations, but are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and changes in circumstances, which may cause actual results or company actions to differ materially from what is expressed or implied by these statements. These risks and uncertainties are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K.
Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, AC3 Optimus, AutoPilot, Deknatel, GuideLiner, Hudson RCI, LMA, MANTA, Pilling, R350, Rüsch, SuperCross, TrapLiner, Turnpike, Twin-Pass, UroLift, and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries. © 2019 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved. MCI-2019-0314
- Data on file at Teleflex. The SAFE MANTA IDE Clinical Trial:
a. MANTA™ Device demonstrated a time to hemostasis of 24 seconds median time (65 seconds mean time) from deployment to hemostasis.
b. Rate of time to hemostasis for MANTA™ Device demonstrated from deployment to hemostasis.
c. Percutaneous vascular closure obtained with the MANTA™ Device without the use of unplanned endovascular or surgical intervention.
Study sponsored by Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates.
- Schreuder J, Castiglioni A, Donelli A, et al. Automatic intraaortic balloon pump timing using an intra beat dicrotic notch prediction algorithm. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;79(3):1017-1022. Study sponsored by Teleflex.
- Donelli A, Jansen JRC, Hoeksel B, et al. Performance of a real-time dicrotic notch detection and prediction algorithm in arrhythmic human aortic pressure signals. J Clin Monit. 2002;17(3-4):181-185. Study sponsored by Teleflex.
- Torracca, L. Overcoming electro-surgical inference in IABP therapy with the combined use of AutoPilot and FiberOptix IAB sensor signal. 2007. (Case report, data on file). Study sponsored by Teleflex.
Treasurer and Vice President, Investor Relations